Sat Phone Central: Satellite Phone cost, rental & plans
Best satellite phones for sale - Plans & Rentals (Updated) 2023 - Get connected today!
Find more answers now on satellite phone cost and services. Save big on Iridium 9575 Extreme, Inmarsat Isatphone 2, Garmin inReach Mini 2 and Iridium GO plans.
Stay connected with affordable sat phone plans and reliable service providers. Buy or rent while supplies last and prices are reasonable.
What are the 3 best satellite phones in 2023? Quick answer: Iridium 9575 Extreme, Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 and Iridium 9555.
Questions about the latest sat phone tech and sales, backpacking-hiking satellite phones, SOS features or where to buy?
How much is a satellite phone? What are the costs and benefits?
Learn about free satellite phone plans here. Cheap satellite cellphone or messenger with plan. Excellent for marine use, backpacking, hiking and camping. Garmin inReach Mini 2 with hiking GPS capabilities to keep you safe has been hot, as well as advanced Thuraya satellite smartphones for those not in North and South America.
Emergency satellite communications is a must-have for your survival prep kit
- Best sat phone sales on mobile phone devices normally priced $600 to over $1600 but not with these current offers. Two free satellite phone promotions, Iridium 9555 standard package and Inmarsat IsatPhone 2. Also ACR Bivy Stick 2-way satellite communicator free with top plans.
- Much safer than a normal cellular phone for emergency use. Always have satellite services anywhere and stay connected! This is where to buy your new sat mobile phone in the USA and save today.
- Currently Isatphone 2, Iridium 9555 and 9575 Extreme are in stock. No need to wait 10 weeks, as is the case for most others.
- Need help selecting an Iridium phone, with satellite phone rental or finding a compatible option? Send us a message.
- A Satellite Phone Store customer puts it best. "Tested it and now have peace of mind knowing my aging parents and spouse have comms if the phone grid goes down. Invaluable and value-priced. How does one put a price on this capability when cell networks are down?"
- Make a phone call, text and email from anywhere in the world with ease.
- Also, for when you’re not on a far-off adventure we have the best mobile phone deals so far in 2023 on the top 2 smartphones: iPhone 14 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. To be clear, iPhone 14 is not a satellite cellphone but does have SOS satellite abilities.
Most popular sat phones now: Best satellite phone
- Iridium Extreme 9575
- Inmarsat IsatPhone 2
- Thuraya XT-LITE
- Thuraya X5-Touch
- Garmin inReach Mini
These satphones are all in demand for different reasons
Iridium satellite phone: The Extreme 9575 is known for its rugged design and global mobile coverage via the Iridium constellation.
Inmarsat satellite phone: The Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 is a good option for sailors and boaters. This model is also one of the most desired satphones on the planet!
Thuraya satellite phone: The Thuraya XT-LITE is a great value for the price especially in Asia. The Thuraya X5-Touch is a good option for people who want a sat phone with smart-phone features.
Garmin satellite phone: The Garmin inReach Mini is a small and lightweight satellite communicator that is easily stowed, making it perfect for hikers, hunters and backpackers.
Benefits of satellite phones
- Sailing and all marine use while at sea. Also stay connected in the most remote regions on land such as mountainous areas, jungles, swamps, deserts, and polar regions (Iridium).
- Rock solid and military-grade devices that withstand extreme temperatures, shocks and in general challenging conditions.
- Almost all of the best satellite mobile phone devices allow you to send SMS, transmit data and connect to the internet from anywhere on Earth.
- Can be used worldwide to send an SOS, send and receive calls, and send short SMS messages.
- Satphones do not depend on terrestrial GSM antennas or towers to operate. They just need a clear view and line of sight to the sky.
Best Sat Phone deals and prices of 2023
- The absolute best in current Sat Phone Sales of 2023
- Learn how to get a Free Sat Phone anywhere in the USA with a local number!
Both the Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 150 min/mo and Iridium 9555 100 min/mo plans give you a free sat phone and ample airtime. Top sat phones for backpacking must include the Iridium 9575 Extreme!
- Best choice for Marine and Maritime Use - IsatPhone 2 and IsatPhone Pro with excellent battery life and very water resistant.
- ACR Bivy Stick satellite communicator and all the best plans. Bivy has been excellent for hunting, backpacking and hiking.
- Where to buy an Iridium satellite phone from the most trusted and secure sources.
- Tips on Starlink and HughesNet satellite internet service.
- Essential satellite solutions to pack on camping trips and backwoods bigfoot expeditions when out of coverage area.
- A must have for survival prep as well.
- Wi fi hotspot 🔥 off the grid
- Iridium GO! exec is in high demand! It is the world's first portable, touchscreen-enabled satellite access device for smartphones, laptops and tablets.
- Powered by the Iridium Certus 100 midband service, it enables Wi-Fi connectivity for select email, chat, social media, weather, and light web-browsing apps, as well as simultaneous access to two high-quality voice lines.
By communicating through sat phone or satellite messenger, responders are able to coordinate rescue and recovery efforts in remote locations where there are no landline or cellular networks or in areas where existing networks are overloaded or knocked out of service.
All about Satellite Phones from the US Department of Homeland Security.
In an emergency situation, being caught without a way to communicate can be scary. How can you avoid such an ordeal? - By buying a
satellite phone. Thinking about investing in a satphone but not
sure which one to get? We've compiled the top 3 best sat phone sales on the market.
Satellite communication is currently flaming hot in certain regions of the world. Most notably in areas of conflict and disaster where cellphone communication isn't possible. Thanks to Starlink satellite internet the Ukraine has stayed connected for the most part.
Starlink is now available across all of Alaska and Canada starlink.com/map
These devices are in high demand globally, definitely trending up into 2023.
Whatever service plan you choose, incoming calls and texts are normally free. The plan chosen depends on where you will be at. For example, Inmarsat offers North American plans while Iridium covers the entire world. Iridium is the only network that offers 100% global coverage.
ACR Bivy Stick Best Prices and Plans
ACR Bivy Stick with 100% global satellite coverage is the smallest and lightest 2-way communicator in the world. Easy to take everywhere you go and even easier to use. With a $299.99 price and reliable data plan, you keep your adventure budget for backpacking and actual adventures! This is the best deal worldwide.
Take it everywhere. Be safe and keep in touch from the most remote destinations.
Currently Still in stock as of 5/24/23, but order soon if you're considering it. Top promotions going on now at Bass Pro Shops on ZOLEO, Spot-X, Bivy Stick and Garmin inReach Mini satellite messengers including free 2-day shipping.
If you are looking to buy without a contract, this is for you.
The new Bivy Stick 2-way satellite communicator is the smallest and most efficient way to communicate from the backcountry.
With a simple design and new user interface on the app, it has never been easier to share your location, get a weather report, send a SMS or initiate an SOS.
Send unlimited pre prepared messages Free, even on the lowest plan. GPS sharing and online tracking. Also emergency communication on the app and device!
Use your Bivy to turn your smartphone into a satellite communication device with an unlimited data plan promotion. You'll have global coverage via the Iridium network, anywhere you have an unobstructed view of the sky, you can communicate through the ACR Bivy Stick.
While conveniently small, the Bivy still offers a comprehensive feature menu including two-way sms text messaging, location sharing, one-touch check-in, and detailed radar reports sent straight to your mobile phone via satellite. Way too cool and a great companion for any outdoors enthusiast.
Additionally, offering a feature not provided with many other satellite communicators, the Bivy Stick provides users with a dedicated phone number and email. This important feature allows unsolicited incoming messages, meaning that those that are most important to you can reach you at any time anywhere, without the need for you to initiate contact.
Order yours soon. You'll be glad you did and the price is right. Typically these units sell for $299.99 as of 5/23/2023
Countries Where Satellite Phones Are Banned or Restricted
Sat phones are an excellent investment for travelers that break away from the common tourist routes and want voice calling or just want a for sure way to call for help in emergencies, but there are some countries in the world that restrict their usage or ban them totally.
Please be advised as this list will change as countries either remove or enact new bans, we advise you to visit the U.S. Department of State's website where you will find the latest up-to-date, country-specific details as well as contact information: travel.state.gov/alertswarnings
If you don’t properly prep yourself before, you could face severe fines and even penalties ranging from having your satphone taken to being arrested and detained.
Satellite phones are a great way to stay connected in remote areas where there is no cellular service. However, it is important to use them safely to avoid being tracked or targeted.
Here are some tips for safe satellite phone use:
- Be aware of your surroundings. When using a satphone, make sure you are in a safe place where you cannot be easily overheard. If you are in a dangerous area, consider using a code or other method to disguise your communication.
- Keep your phone hidden. Satellite phones are often large and bulky, making them easy to spot. If you are in a sensitive area, consider hiding your phone or using a headset to make your calls more discreet.
- Be careful what you say. These phones are not as secure as cellular phones, so it is important to be careful about what you say over the air. Avoid discussing sensitive topics or information that could be used to track you or your location.
- Use a secure plan. There are a number of satellite plans available, each with its own security features. Make sure you choose a plan that offers the level of security you need.
- Be aware of the cost. Satellite mobile phone calls can be expensive, so it is important to be aware of the cost before you use your phone. Many providers offer pre-paid plans that can help you budget your spending.
More details and information on country bans and restrictions from the Guide To Satellite Phone Use Overseas
Motorola Defy Satellite Link
The Motorola Defy Satellite Link Bluetooth accessory enables two-way emergency satellite texting using normal Apple and Android smartphones.
Bullitt, the company that brought you rugged Cat-branded smartphones with thermal cameras, is packing trendy emergency-response satellite smart tech into a Motorola-branded Bluetooth keychain accessory.
This $99 gadget turns any smartphone into a satellite phone via Bluetooth. Scheduled to be available later to subscribers in 2023, but you can now register for pre order details.
The ZOLEO satellite communicator is the current top value in satellite communications at $149.98! This price is available at both Bass Pro Shops and Amazon.
Apple iPad 9th generation deals for 2023
The Apple iPad 9th Generation: Unleashing Limitless Possibilities at a value price
Satellite Phones: Unleashing Connectivity Beyond Borders
Bottom line on Satellite Phones Now
What exactly is a Satellite Phone?
A sat phone is a mobile phone that uses the satellite network to make and receive voice calls. Satellite cellphones work anywhere in the world, even in areas where there is no decent cellular coverage. They are often used by people who travel to remote areas, such as the wilderness, the big lakes and oceans, or other places where there is no cell service connection even with a $1200 smartphone.
How Do Sat Phones Work?
They work by sending and receiving signals to and from satellites orbiting around the Earth. When you make a call on a satellite phone, your phone sends a signal to a satellite. The satellite then relays the signal to a ground station, which connects it to the regular phone network. When you receive a call on a satellite phone, the process works in reverse.
Why Use a Satphone?
There are many reasons why you might want to use or buy a satellite phone including:
* Global coverage: Satellite mobile phones work anywhere in the world, even in areas where there is no mobile coverage.
* Reliability: They are more reliable as a global phone than cellular phones in areas with poor reception or a service outage.
* Security: These devices are more secure than cellular phones because they are not connected to the regular phone network.
* Emergency use: Satphones are a good option for people who travel to remote areas or who work in dangerous environments. Possibly your lifeline no matter where you are.
Different Types of Satellite Phone
There are two main types:
Portable satellite phones: Most mobile satellite phones are small and lightweight enough to be carried with you. They are a good option for people who travel frequently or who need to be able to make and receive calls in remote areas.
Fixed satellite terminals: Modern fixed satellite terminals are larger and more expensive than portable satellite phone handsets. They are typically used by businesses or organizations that need to have a permanent satellite phone connection.
Cost of Modern Satellite Phones
The cost of satellite phones varies depending on the type of handset, the features it offers, and the phone service provider. Portable satellite phones typically start at around $500, while fixed satellite terminals can cost upwards of $10,000.
Satellite Phone Service Providers
There are a number of satellite phone service providers available. Some of the most popular providers include:
Choosing a Satellite Phone in 2023
When choosing a satellite phone, there are a few factors you should consider, including:
1. Your needs: What do you need a satellite phone for? If you only need a phone for occasional use, a mobile device may be sufficient. If you need satellite service for a business or for use in constant remote areas, a fixed satellite terminal may be a better option.
2. Your budget: These phones can be expensive. It is important to set a budget before you start shopping.
3. The service provider: There are a number of satellite phone service providers available. It is important to compare the different satcom providers before you make a decision.
Be prepared and get connected today
Satellite phones are a great option for people who need to stay connected via global mobile in remote areas. They offer global communications, reliability, and security. If you are looking for a phone that you can use off-grid, anywhere in the world, a satellite phone is the best option today.
Email or contact us anytime with any questions about sat phone plans, buys & promotions or mobile deals on a new smartphone.
If you are a sports fanatic or just looking to cut out satellite or cable TV, DIRECTV STREAM has 3 months of free premium channels now and 5-day trials going on in time for MLB and football season.
Apple iPhone 14 series, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and Google Pixel 7 are all now available with excellent specials through the manufacturer and major carriers, Verizon and AT&T. iPhone 14 Pro Max is now up to $1000 off with trade.
References - learn more