Top Satellite Phone Rentals in 2023
Why Rent A Satellite Phone?
Sat phones keep us connected. They allow us to call, text and email from anywhere in the world via satellite. They also give you reliable emergency communications whether you're on a backpacking adventure, hiking, hunting, camping or on the high seas. Also when working a remote job site, or preparing for a blowout of a storm. You arrived here looking for answers and we hope to provide an affordable solution.
If you want the piece of mind that comes with reliable communications, having an emergency satellite phone with you is crucial. Renting a satphone gives you a handy and affordable way to keep connected without the higher upfront and prolonged cost of buying. The best satellite phone rentals of 2023 are found right here, not on Amazon or Ebay. Also keep in mind that a fully-charged emergency sat phone is on most top survival prep expert's top 10 list.
Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 and Iridium Extreme rental has been hot 🔥
Satellite Phones: Renting Vs. Buying
Should you rent or buy a satellite phone? Deciding whether to rent or buy boils down to how the benefits apply to your unique situation. Here are some important features and benefits of renting a satphone in 2022:
- Renting gives you low upfront costs - just the price of the rental itself and the cost of any usage after your rental. For a month's rental or less it's certainly more affordable to rent than to buy.
- Renting gives you the ability to try different sat phones. The right phone for one situation might not be right the next time you need one. Renting lets you choose a different device as you need it.
- Renting gives you the chance to try before you buy. You can make sure that the satphone has the features and coverage you need before committing to buying.
- Top satellite phone rental plans in the USA and globally are found at the Satellite Phone Store
So, when is it right to buy a sat phone instead of renting?
Here are some advantages of purchasing a sat phone from top providers like Satellite Phone Store instead of renting:
- You know which handset will work for you long term. So helpful!
- You will keep your device active more than 1 month per year. Most plans have great incentives for multiple months of service. The most affordable option is to buy when you find yourself using a sat phone multiple times a year.
- You want to keep things simple. If you know you're going to use a sat phone every year, avoid the shipping and just buy one, suspend it when you don't need it and reactivate it (for free) when you do. Currently we have IsatPhone 2 and Iridium 9555 Free when you sign up to a 100-150 minute plan. Similar options now with ACR Bivy Stick and the unlimited plan.
- You want access to higher usage plans and free incoming calls. Purchase plans have more options than the rental plan.
- You want to keep your same number over time (even after suspending service). You can save your local number for $5/month and reactivate at any time with no reactivation fee for up to 6-months within a 12-month term. Whether you rent or buy this gives you a true local number that works just like a cell phone in the USA.
- Hope this makes your choice easier when it comes to Sat Phone offers and rentals vs buying. Updated as of 2-18-2023
If you have any questions about the best satellite phones, smartphone deals or want the latest promotions on iPhone 14 and Galaxy S23 Ultra please contact us today!