Google Earth’s Time-lapse Feature 2023: Satellite Imagery Update
Google Earth’s Time-lapse feature has been updated with two years of new satellite imagery, allowing users to see how the planet has changed over time.
The update includes imagery from 1984 to 2022, and covers more than 800 locations around the world.
To use the Time-lapse feature, open Google Earth and click on the “Voyager” tab. From there, select “Timelapse” and choose a location to explore. You can then use the timeline to view changes over time.
The Time-lapse feature is a powerful tool for visualizing the effects of climate change, urbanization, and other human activities on the planet. It can also be used to track the progress of natural disasters, such as hurricanes and wildfires.
Here are some of the things you can see with the new Time-lapse imagery in 2023:
* The growth of megacities, such as Tokyo and Los Angeles.
* The retreat of glaciers, such as the Greenland ice sheet.
* The expansion of deserts, such as the Sahara.
* The effects of deforestation, such as the clearing of rainforests in the Amazon.
* The progress of natural disasters, such as the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.
The Time-lapse feature is a valuable resource for anyone interested in the environment or the history of the planet.
It is a powerful tool for visualizing the effects of human activity on the Earth, and it can be used to track the progress of natural disasters.
Google Earth satellite imagery is a collection of images of the Earth's surface taken by satellites. The images are used to create a 3D map of the Earth, which can be used for a variety of purposes, such as planning trips, studying natural disasters, and tracking the progress of construction projects.
The satellite imagery in Google Earth is collected by a variety of companies, including DigitalGlobe, GeoEye, and Airbus Defense and Space. The images are taken at different resolutions, with the highest resolution images being able to resolve objects as small as 1 meter in size.
The satellite imagery in Google Earth is updated on a regular basis, with new images being added every few weeks. The frequency of updates depends on the location of the image and the availability of new data.
Google Earth satellite imagery is a valuable tool for a variety of purposes. It can be used to plan trips, study natural disasters, track the progress of construction projects, and more. The images are updated on a regular basis, so users can always see the latest view of the Earth.
Here are some of the things you can do with Google Earth satellite imagery:
* Plan trips: You can use Google Earth satellite imagery to plan your next trip. You can see the location of your destination, as well as the surrounding area. This can help you choose the best route and make sure you have everything you need for your trip.
* Study natural disasters: You can use Google Earth satellite imagery to study natural disasters, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods. You can see the damage caused by the disaster, as well as the progress of the recovery effort. This information can be used to help people who have been affected by the disaster.
* Track the progress of construction projects: You can use Google Earth satellite imagery to track the progress of construction projects. You can see the changes that have been made to the site over time, as well as the current status of the project. This information can be used to help people who are interested in the project, such as investors and residents.
* More: There are many other things you can do with Google Earth satellite imagery. You can use it to explore the world, learn about different cultures, and more. The possibilities are endless.