Thuraya satellite phones in 2024: Satellite smartphone
Thuraya satellite smartphones are an Android type of satellite phone that can be used to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and access the internet in areas where there is no cell phone coverage.
Theses sat phones are typically used by people who live, adventure or work in remote areas, such as oil rig workers, hikers, and journalists.
Thuraya satellite phones are made by Thuraya Mobile Satellite Communications Company, a company based in the United Arab Emirates.
Thuraya offers a variety of satellite phones, including the popular X5-Touch, XT-PRO, SatSleeve+ and more with current discount prices.
The X5-Touch is the world's first Android based satellite and GSM phone
It runs on the Android operating system and has a 5.2" full HD touchscreen.
The XT-PRO is billed as the world's most advanced sat phone. It is designed for professional users and has a long battery life, ensuring you stay connected wherever you are.
The Thuraya SatSleeve+ is a satellite phone sleeve that turns your existing smartphone into a satellite phone. It is compatible with various iOS and Android models.
The XT Lite model is very popular as of now due to it's affordable price!
- This Thuraya XT-LITE comes with a Standard SIM card which includes 10 units to help get you started.
- Important: Thuraya does not offer global coverage so please ensure that the region you wish to use the network in is available on the coverage map. You will be unable: to use any Thuraya equipment including handsets and/or airtime to connect to the network when outside of the Thuraya satellite footprint area. This includes North and South America.
- It is one of the only phones that offers dual GSM and satellite voice calling through one SIM card*. You can then program the XT-LITE to one of the 13 languages available (Simplified Chinese is available as a separate firmware).
- Long-lasting battery life enables reliable communications with a long-lasting battery which provides up to six hours talk time and up to 80 hours standby time.
Thuraya satellite smartphones are typically more expensive than traditional smartphones but not always, and they offer a number of benefits, including:
- The ability to make and receive calls and send and receive text messages in areas where there is no cellular coverage.
- The ability to access the internet in areas where there is no cellular coverage.
- The ability to use satellite navigation systems, such as GPS, to track your location.
- The ability to use satellite tracking systems to send your location to others in an emergency.
If you are looking for a satphone that can provide you with reliable communication in remote areas, a Thuraya satellite smartphone is a good option to consider in 2024 especially in certain parts of the globe. These phones are in high demand in Europe and Asia as of now.
Top current deals and cheapest prices on Thuraya satellite phones are now found at Amazon.
Thuraya Satellite Network in 2024
Thuraya has a geosynchronous satellite system that provides mobile voice and data communications in Europe, the Middle East, North, Central and East Africa, Asia and Australia. It is operated by Thuraya Mobile Satellite Communications Company.
The Thuraya Network consists of two satellites, Thuraya 1 and Thuraya 2, which are located in geosynchronous orbit over the equator. The satellites provide coverage to a large area of the Earth, including most of Europe, the Middle East, North, Central and East Africa, Asia and Australia.
Through this network the company offers a variety of mobile satellite services, including voice, data, and tracking services. Voice services allow users to make and receive calls from many places in the world, even in areas where there is no cellular coverage.
Data services allow users to access the internet, send and receive email, and use other data-based applications. Tracking services allow users to track the location of their assets, such as vehicles or equipment, in real time.
The Thuraya Satellite Network is a reliable and affordable way to stay connected in even the most remote areas of the world. It is a good option for businesses, government agencies, and individuals who need to maintain reliable communications in remote areas and prefer a smartphone.