Satellite Phones Save Lives: True Stories
There are many people who have used satellite phones to save a life. Always be safe and have critical emergency communications like in these stories.
Here are a few examples of people saved by sat phone:
* In 2003, Aron Ralston was hiking in Blue John Canyon, Utah, when he became trapped by a boulder. He was able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and was rescued after six days.
* In 2007, two climbers were stranded on Mount Everest when a blizzard hit. They were able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and were rescued after two days.
* In 2011, a group of hikers were caught in an avalanche in the Canadian Rockies. They were able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and were rescued after four days.
* In 2013, a group of sailors were shipwrecked in the Pacific Ocean. They were able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and were rescued after 13 days.
* In 2015, a group of tourists were caught in a flash flood in Nepal. They were able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and were rescued after two days.
* In 2017, a group of hikers were lost in the Amazon rainforest. They were able to use a satellite phone to call for help, and were rescued after four days.
These are just a few examples of how satellite phones have been used to save lives.
Satellite phones provide a vital link to emergency services and loved ones in remote areas, and can be the difference between life and death.
They have also came down in price, not much different than buying a standard smartphone or mobile phone in 2023. These phones range in price from top rated models like the Iridium 9575 Extreme ($1585 or less) down to tiny hiking messengers and communicators like ZOLEO ($199) and ACR Bivy Stick.
In addition to these examples, there are many other stories of people who have used sat phones to save a life. For example, in 2018, a group of hikers in the Himalayas were able to use a satphone to call for help after one of their members fell into a crevasse. The hiker was rescued and survived, thanks to the quick thinking of the other hikers.
Satellite mobile phones are an essential piece of safety equipment for anyone who travels to remote areas. These devices provide a way to stay connected with the outside world and to call for help in case of an emergency. If you are planning a trip to a remote or dangerous area, always think safety first.
If you are planning to travel to a remote land, it is important to consider investing in a satellite phone. It could be your most important adventure purchase.
Here are some tips for using a satellite phone safely:
- Make sure you know how to use the phone before you go into the field.
- Keep the sat phone charged at all times.
- Have a plan for how you will use the phone in an emergency.
- Know the emergency numbers for the area you are traveling to.
- Be aware of the risks of using a satellite phone in remote areas.
- Use the phone sparingly to conserve battery life.
- Be respectful of the local environment and culture.